WORKSHOP I / September 6-September 16th 2023
Wednesday, September 6th pick up in Lucca, and welcome dinner at Casa Berti.
Thursday, Sept 7. Welcome to Casa Berti painting studio and set up / Introduction by Carmelo.
Friday September, 8-9, Workshops begin in Studio..
Sunday, September 10th Day Off from Studio. Lucca tour and walk about.
Monday, September 11-12th. Studio days.
Wednesday, September13th, Pietra Santa Visit for artist studio tours.
Thursday September 14th, Studio Day.
Friday, September 15th, Studio pack-up day.
Participants leave Saturday, September 16th. Transportation to Lucca train station.
COST OF WORKSHOP / PAYMENT TERMS
Workshop participants, meals and accommodations, guided tours, 10 nights; 9 days. $6100
Cost for companion sharing room; no workshop.
Meals and accommodations, guided tours, 10 nights; 9 days $3100
(One room with single beds is available; the rest are queen or king beds)
Materials cost are separate from total and will be invoiced to you. $300-$400 (TBD)
Since all the rooms are doubles (with en-suite bathrooms), it is possible to have your spouse or partner
You will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of $1000 in order to be registered and reserve your spot. Participants are not guaranteed a spot in this workshop without a paid deposit of $1000. Payment of your deposit will be taken as your acceptance of these terms and conditions and will constitute a contract between yourself and Carmelo Blandino Inc.
The balance of the payment will be invoiced to you separately and will be required to be paid by check as follows:
Second Payment : July 15th 2023 / $2550
Final Payment: August 15th 2023 / $2550
PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
We require a non refundable deposit $1,000 upon registration, this is applied to the total cost of the workshop. The final balance is due and payable 45 days before the workshop begins. Full payment is due at this time, and there will be no refunds on the full amount owed if you cancel after final payment. We ask that you make your first deposit payment ($1000) using the sign-up button of this web page using a credit card or via PayPal. If you would like to pay by another method, use the contact form on this page to ask Us about options for sending a personal check or bank transfer. Because cancellations require us to re-open enrollment and/or to engage in additional promotional efforts to fill the workshop on short notice, our policy is that there will be no refunds of the deposit. The balance (minus the non-refundable deposit) is refundable up to the 45-day deadline. Thereafter, the balance is also non-refundable, with one exception: if we find participants to fill all canceled spaces and the workshop is ultimately full when it begins, then you will receive a refund of the balance within two weeks of the workshop’s conclusion, or if you find someone to replace your spot. All refunds are subject to a 4% processing fee.
Once we've received your deposit, you will be invoiced separatly for the remaining two balances due on the dates listed above.
-Amazing art experience with Carmelo Blandino
- Accommodations for 10 nights (09-06-09-16), 9 days.
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- 6 day workshop instructed by Carmelo Blandino including lectures, demonstrations and on-going individual coaching
- Canvases, paints, studio materials and mailing tubes (materials expense $300-$400)
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinners, snacks, wine (during aperitivi and dinner)
- Lunch and dinners prepared by local chef, Fabrizio Magnani
- Snacks available anytime in a well stocked refrigerator
- Pietra Santa tour and guided tour of Lucca
- Round trip transportation from Lucca station ( Pick up and return)
- Great fun and wonderful hospitality from Ben, our host
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Trip insurance
- Transportation (train, minibus, private driver or cab) and fees for sightseeing trips
- Restaurant dinners
- Paint Brushes (bring your favorite LARGE brushes)
- Items of personal nature (ie toiletries etc)
- Carmelo will be available for painting instruction during studio hours only.
- ( Once the 6 day studio sessions are completed Carmelo will be sightseeing as well and will occasionally be dropping by the studio to see your progression and offer advice if you request it. )